By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st whole, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as an entire advent to the sphere or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from top interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main updated and leading edge examine within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, know-how, and their broader highbrow environments
Read or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Black squaddies within the American Civil struggle have been way more prone to die of ailment than have been white squaddies. In Intensely Human, historian Margaret Humphreys explores why this asymmetric mortality happened and the way it used to be interpreted on the time. In doing so, she uncovers the views of mid-nineteenth-century physicians and others who have been desirous to implicate the so-called innate inferiority of the black physique.
This ebook chronicles the amazing existence and accomplishments of Professor Morris William Travers. It covers his whole existence and showcases his accomplishments as a scientist, educator, administrator, industrialist and writer and encompasses: the heritage of his relations and his adolescence; his paintings in constructing Bristol college; India and establishing the Indian Institute of technological know-how; his paintings in England from 1914 to 1937; and the accomplishments and affairs of his later years.
Sir Isaac Newton's pre-eminence within the background of technological know-how continues to be ? xed, but the image which we now have of the total guy, and of the in? uence of his wide-ranging mind, has been altering quickly as students have incre- ingly taken recognition of these points of Newton's suggestion hitherto hidden in his unpublished manuscripts.
Lately there was a relentless bring up in secondary literature on Manilius’ cosmological didactic poem, written within the late-Augustan/early-Tiberian interval. although, a focus on ideological-political or narratological views signifies that cognizance has been fascinated by person passages, prooemia, excurses or different marginal sections, whereas the most fabric, the astrological teachings, were ignored.
- Evaluating Philosophies: 295 (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- Science in the Romantic Era: Volume 24 (Routledge Library Editions: Romanticism)
- Wildlife and Society: The Science of Human Dimensions
- Lab Coats in Hollywood: Science, Scientists, and Cinema (MIT Press)
- A Key to the North American Arithmetic, Part Third
- Randell Mills and the Search for Hydrino Energy
Additional resources for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks