By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the easiest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and overview specifications of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- presents exam-style questions and tips for every proper specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for numerous classes including:
- AQA: The Making of contemporary Britain, 1951-2007
- OCR: Britain 1930-1997
Read Online or Download Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
With the access folks forces into the clash, the fortunes of warfare are delivering desire of the Allies. this era observed President Roosevelt’s suggestion of the “unconditional hand over” coverage; the defeat of Mussolini and Rommel; Russia’s dominance over Axis forces at Stalingrad; and a strong new bombing crusade bringing the air clash to the guts of Germany.
An undisputed vintage, England lower than the Stuarts is an account of britain within the years among 1603 and 1714, charting England's development from a 'great state' to a 'great empire'. G. M. Trevelyan's masterful narrative explores the foremost occasions of this era, which witnessed the upheavals of Civil conflict, the recovery and the fantastic Revolution.
A brand new ebook from this bestselling writer protecting the occasions at sea within the early years of global conflict II, during which he has compiled complete learn and perception right into a hugely readable and special account of British and Allied submarine battle in north eu waters initially of the battle.
At first of the second one international battle, Britain was once on the top of its imperial energy, and it truly is no shock that it drew upon the worldwide assets of the Empire as soon as warfare have been declared. when this overseas point of Britain’s battle attempt has been well-studied with regards to the army contribution of person dominions and colonies, really little has been written in regards to the Empire as an entire.
- The Official History of Privatisation, Vol. II: Popular Capitalism, 1987-97: 2 (Government Official History Series)
- The Blest Life of Emma Smythe
- Operation Tabarin: Britain's Secret Wartime Expedition to Antarctica 1944-46
- Lion in the Bay: The British Invasion of the Chesapeake, 1813-14
- Godly Kingship in Restoration England (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
Additional info for Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition by Michael Lynch